Can Domestic Mold be Dangerous for Your Health?

While mold has an important role in the nature, domestic mold can cause you minor to severe allergy reactions, depending on how exposed you are to mold spores on a daily basis. The good news is that mold can be kept away with a use of an efficient device like the dehumidifier but before trying out methods for mold removal, you must first learn whether mold can be dangerous for your hold.

What is mold?

To better understand about the harmful effects that mold has on your health, it’s important to learn what it really is and how it develops so that you can find efficient ways to protect your health. Mold are basically small organisms that can develop everywhere. While in the outdoors, mold plays a very important role in breaking down dead plants, trees and leaves, domestic mold can be quite dangerous for your health. Mold thrives in a humid environment and it develops by means of small spores that travel in the air, so you are exposed to mold almost every day.

Who’s at risk?

People that are generally very sensitive to allergens and mold in particular the simple action of touching mold spores can cause a skin rash, runny nose, sneezing and other allergic reactions. People that have serious allergies or asthma problems inhaling spores can cause more severe reactions and for asthmatics it can even cause asthma attacks.

What are the early signs of mold allergies?

Once you have come into contact with mold spores, you can soon begin coughing, have itchy or watery eyes, a runny nose and wheezing. At first, you might confuse these allergy symptoms with a simple cold but before taking medication to treat your non-existent cold, go see a doctor or make an allergy test.

How to keep mold at bay

In order to prevent mold from causing some damage to your house, but most importantly make sure that it doesn’t represent a hazard for your health and the health of your family, you need to take some measures. Consider using a dehumidifier especially in very humid and hot spaces, such as the basement or kitchen to extract moisture from the air. By using a dehumidifier you can prevent mold from developing in your house and causing allergy reactions but you need to also make sure that the indoor humidity is below 60%. You can also consider getting a dehumidifier that includes a hygrometer so that you can measure relative humidity in your room.

Does Hard Water Damage Your Hair?

Minerals such as calcium, magnesium or lead are deposited on the hair and this makes it difficult to untangle the curly, frizzy or lifeless hair. If you used to washing your hair with unfiltered tap water, you probably do not realize that your hair has lost its vitality and you start to try various shampoos and hair treatments in the hope that you will solve the problem. Unfortunately this is not always the case.

How do you know if you have hard water?

Visible effects of hard water occur on vessels, plumbing, clothes that turn yellow. In addition, shampoos and other detergents do not produce so much foam. If you live in town and are connected to the public water, you can talk with those that are responsible with this matter and find out if you have hard water or not.

Calcium makes the hair seem heavy

Calcium, which is one of the minerals responsible for turning your regular tap water into hard water is doing a lot of harm to your hair. Most often, people confuse the small white bits that come lose from the scalp with dandruff, when in fact it’s simply calcium and not dandruff or bits of skin. Calcium is hard to rinse out and it can make your hair feel heavy and coarse.

Iron can cause split ends

Iron can also make your hair feel dry and cause it to break easily. Unless you want to trimm your hair on a daily basis due to split ends, make sure to invest in a water filter that will remove heavy metals, such as iron and lead that are responsible for causing split ends. A whole house water filter can reduce the number of chemicals and contaminants from all water sources in your home.

Copper can make your hair discolored

Discoloration is the result of copper found in hard water, so it’s best to take solution immediately. If your hair is very discolored due to deposition of minerals consider opting for a hair treatment at a salon because it is exactly what you need. In addition, professionals will determine the best treatment for your dry hair. If you want, you can make this treatment at home. Currently on the market there are many products that can help in this regard.

Magnesium takes away all the shine

If you want to make your hair smooth and restore its natural glow, then make sure to invest in a water softener that will remove magnesium, calcium and other minerals that turn regular water into hard water. Special shampoos are an effective method to get rid of buildup on the hair because they are specifically designed to remove debris deposited on the hair from other products.