Is mold exposure affecting my health?

You might not know but mold is a term used for a wide variety of fungi, which could grow both inside, and outside your house. For a proper growth, mold requires moisture. During its growth mold damages the material it lives on, and it damages the integrity of the structure. Besides the negative effects it has on the place where it grows, mold is also affecting your health. It is highly recommended to contact a company which handles black mold removal, in case you suspect that mold might grow inside your house, because it rapidly spreads, and it might cause you a lot of health issues. Some of the persons do not even realise that their health problems are caused by mold, because they are common with the symptoms of other conditions. Here are some basic info you should know about mold, and how it affects your health.

Mold exposure symptoms

Here is a list with the main symptoms you might experience in case you were exposed to mold in the last period. It is common for the ones who live in a house infected by mold to feel weak and experience fatigue. Also, you might notice that you find difficult to concentrate on certain purposes, and you have difficulties in finding your words. At a first look, you might have the wrong impression that you are exhausted, but when you notice that, you experience these symptoms for a long period you should ask for the opinion of a doctor. Also, there are some symptoms which might be confused with the ones of a flu like chronic cough, shortness of breath, or sinus congestion.

Signs of mold presence

Sometimes your body has the power of noticing you that there is something around which might harm its health, and you are feeling you are super sensitive. When you are inside a certain room you might experience an unusual shortness of breath, or in some cases you might even experience recurring coughing, sinus infections or respiratory infections, and you just cannot identify their cause. For example, you notice that there is an odour inside your house, which bothers you. In addition, there are some visible signs of the mold presence, like discoloration on the walls.

What you should do?

In case you notice signs of mold inside your house, you should not try to remove it by yourself, because you might agitate it and spread the spores around. In this way, you might inhale them, and you might worsen your health state. It is recommended to contact a professional company, for coming and testing your whole house, because even if you have seen it in a certain place, it might be spread in other paces also, or it might be hidden inside the walls, or behind the furniture. Specialists would come to analyze it, and they would test the surroundings for seeing the situation they have to deal with. Also, they have the required equipment and solutions to remove the mold safely, and prevent any further growth.

Chemical peels – the secret to healthy-looking skin

If you have ever wondered how some people seem to look flawless all the time, whether they are shopping or picking up their children from school, you should know that they are more likely to owe their healthy-looking skin to chemical peels. The truth is that peels have been used since ancient Egypt to exfoliate and tighten the skin by stimulating the production of collagen. They are minimally invasive procedures that result in skin revitalization. However, anyone who wants a chemical peel should have a consultation with a trained practitioner prior to making an appointment at a skincare clinic Toronto to discuss problem areas and to talk about the right course of treatment.

Are chemical peels for you?

Prolonged sun exposure, clogged pores and acne can leave you with an uneven skin tone, but also fine lines and wrinkling. If you want your skin to look smoother, then a chemical peel will certainly make the difference. Mild chemical peels in particular exfoliate the skin and give it a nice appearance. The chemical peel will increase cell turnover improve hyperpigmentation and improve melisma, which is a rather difficult problem to deal with. While chemical peels work well for both men and women, not to mention that they are an ideal treatment at any age, the results may depend largely on your skin type.

How a chemical peel works

You can get a chemical peel in a skincare clinic or in the doctor’s office. It is an outpatient procedure, which means that there will be no overnight stay. The professional who does your peel will clean your skin thoroughly, after which he will apply chemical solutions, like trichloroacetic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or carbolic acid to small areas of your skin. The strength of the chemical peel depends largely on what chemicals are used and the length of time the solution is applied.  During the treatment, people feel a slight burning sensation which last no more than five to ten minutes. Following this, you may even feel a tingling sensation. In order to ease the stinging sensation you can place cool compresses. With regard to a deeper peel, you may even need pain medication.

What are peels used to treat?

The combination of chemicals can treat many skin conditions. Peels and, in general, resurfacing treatments are used in order to deeply exfoliate all the layers of the skin, refine the appearance of wrinkles and lighten pigmentation. Chemical peels also stimulate collagen production, improve the hydration of the skin and reduce pore size. Even our skin is naturally designed to exfoliate every 28 days, in time the process slows down and the skin cells basically become lazy. If you want your skin to look healthy and youthful, you should re-stimulate the skin.

While the desire for smooth skin is universal, achieving it does not have to be daunting. What you have to do is say yes to a chemical peel. You will not be sorry that you chose a chemical peel.