Is mold exposure affecting my health?

You might not know but mold is a term used for a wide variety of fungi, which could grow both inside, and outside your house. For a proper growth, mold requires moisture. During its growth mold damages the material it lives on, and it damages the integrity of the structure. Besides the negative effects it has on the place where it grows, mold is also affecting your health. It is highly recommended to contact a company which handles black mold removal, in case you suspect that mold might grow inside your house, because it rapidly spreads, and it might cause you a lot of health issues. Some of the persons do not even realise that their health problems are caused by mold, because they are common with the symptoms of other conditions. Here are some basic info you should know about mold, and how it affects your health.

Mold exposure symptoms

Here is a list with the main symptoms you might experience in case you were exposed to mold in the last period. It is common for the ones who live in a house infected by mold to feel weak and experience fatigue. Also, you might notice that you find difficult to concentrate on certain purposes, and you have difficulties in finding your words. At a first look, you might have the wrong impression that you are exhausted, but when you notice that, you experience these symptoms for a long period you should ask for the opinion of a doctor. Also, there are some symptoms which might be confused with the ones of a flu like chronic cough, shortness of breath, or sinus congestion.

Signs of mold presence

Sometimes your body has the power of noticing you that there is something around which might harm its health, and you are feeling you are super sensitive. When you are inside a certain room you might experience an unusual shortness of breath, or in some cases you might even experience recurring coughing, sinus infections or respiratory infections, and you just cannot identify their cause. For example, you notice that there is an odour inside your house, which bothers you. In addition, there are some visible signs of the mold presence, like discoloration on the walls.

What you should do?

In case you notice signs of mold inside your house, you should not try to remove it by yourself, because you might agitate it and spread the spores around. In this way, you might inhale them, and you might worsen your health state. It is recommended to contact a professional company, for coming and testing your whole house, because even if you have seen it in a certain place, it might be spread in other paces also, or it might be hidden inside the walls, or behind the furniture. Specialists would come to analyze it, and they would test the surroundings for seeing the situation they have to deal with. Also, they have the required equipment and solutions to remove the mold safely, and prevent any further growth.